Industry Sector Partnership
Our Collaborative Partnership!
SOCHE and Technology First have partnered to build and maintain the Southwest Ohio Information Technology Industry Sector Partnership. Our collaboration will leverage strong partnerships among employers, educators, workforce development agencies, and community organizations, so we can better understand the evolving skill demands of Ohio’s industries and prepare Ohioans for the high-demand jobs of the future.
Workforce Supply and Employment Projections
- Providing employers with the proper tools for understanding the workforce supply in different industries in Ohio, as well as in-demand occupational information. Employers can also use these tools to identify the relative earnings, and most critically – obtain specific contact information for educational programs that can train their workforce. Higher Education providers can use the tools to identify similar programs to coordinate degree and certificate offerings as well as to understand the need for their students in different industries.
- Working together with our partners to understand our workforce supply chain as well as the demand coming from employers in order to best meet the needs of our thriving economy!
- Subset Workforce Data and In-Demand IT Jobs List, see left. Investigate general Industry and occupational information by using the Workforce Tool and In-Demand Jobs List, directly below.
- Our partners organize workshops, training, and conferences that provide timely resources to employers, faculty, staff, and students. Our events are the result of ideation and collaboration among our partners.
- We are focused on helping employers engage with their potential workforce and helping students find the right pathway based on their interest and aptitude.
- Whether you are a business looking for top talent, an educator wanting to shape Ohio’s future curriculum, or a student looking for information on in-demand pathways, our resources can help provide valuable insights to help guide you along the way.
- Committed to addressing inequities in our community by focusing on assisting individuals from a very diverse set of demographics that include age, gender, race, immigration status, veterans, poverty, financially challenged, transgressions, disabled and mentally challenged.
- We make you our top priority! Check out our SOCHE, State of Ohio, OOD, and DOD toolkit of resources, below.
- Whether you’re looking for credential guidance or a particular industry recognized credential or program, we’ve got you covered. Check out the credential engine (under College/University Credentials), which maps the credential landscape with consistent information that enables individuals to find the best regional pathway to that credential or degree program. Also, check out the CTE credentials button for the list of school districts where students are earning those Career Tech industry recognized credentials in our area.
Upskill your Workforce
Connect with Veterans
Find IT/Credential Programs
Find Diverse Candidates
Information Technology Advisory Group (ITAG)
We are building an ecosystem through our partnerships. Our ITAG is made up of regional education institutions, local government, social service, and employer partners. The purpose of the ITAG partnership is to work collectively to help develop the current and future IT workforce, provide support and resource opportunities for populations with barriers to employment, increase Tech Prep and IMAP applications, disseminate K-12 IT curriculum and increase IT work-based learning that will strengthen Ohio’s economy. ITAG will meet bi-monthly to help advise, counsel, and amplify the Industry Sector Partnership’s strategy and message.
High School Educator Resources
Check out Ohio’s resources for curriculum overviews
College Student Resources
Check out SOCHE’s resources for College Students including internships and professional development.
High School Student Resources
SOCHE offers many resources and internships for high school students!