The Cross Registration Program allows degree-seeking students access to academic opportunities not available at their own institutions to maintain their current home institution program of study. All registrations are subject to the approval of home and host registrars.
Provides students enrolled at any SOCHE member institution the opportunity to register and receive credit for courses offered by other participating SOCHE institutions, as well as members of the Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities (GC3).
A student enrolled in courses for credit in active pursuit of a associate's, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree.
The Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities (GC3) is a regional consortium of 18 colleges and universities that promotes higher education in the Greater Cincinnati area. https://www.gccollegiateconnection.org/
The institution where the student is currently enrolled in a degree program for which academic credit is awarded.
The institution where the student would like to cross register for a course.
Coursework that is required prior to enrolling in a more advanced course(s).
Program of Study
Program of Study refers to the degree for which the student is currently enrolled at the home institution. The SOCHE Cross Registration Program only applies to courses in the student’s current degree program, whether that be at the associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level, and may include courses toward completion of a minor or certificate that are associated with the degree program, as determined by the home institution.
Formed in 1967, the Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education is a regional consortium of 22 colleges and universities in southwest Ohio.
Cross Registration Procedures
The Cross Registration Program allows degree-seeking students access to academic opportunities not available at their home institutions to maintain their current home institution program of study. Students enrolled at a college or university within SOCHE may register for courses that are available at other SOCHE institutions and GC3 institutions.
Desired course(s) must not be available at the home institution during the term the student wishes to enroll and must be course(s) required for the student’s program. Generally, most courses, except study abroad, are eligible—subject to space availability, completion of prerequisite courses, and permission of both the home and the host institutions.
Contact the Cross Registration coordinator at both the home and the host institutions for more information and to learn about their specific registration guidelines.
- Degree-seeking students, who are in good academic standing (as determined by the home institution), may take courses through SOCHE’s Cross Registration program. Students are subject to enrollment and eligibility requirements as determined by the host institution.
- Students requiring accommodations from accessibility services must coordinate with the home Accessibility/Disabilities Office. The home institution will coordinate with the host institution as needed.
Number of Credits/Courses
- Credit hours taken at the host institution may not exceed credit hours taken at the home institution per academic term and are subject to the home registrar approval.
- Students are restricted to a maximum number of courses/hours per program of study throughout their program course of study.
- Associate program: 15 hours
- Undergraduate program: 30 hours
- Graduate programs: Subject to the discretion of the two institutions
- The combined course load for a student at both the home and the host institutions may not exceed the full-time course load allowable at the home institution.
- Students may not register for a course that is available at the home institution during the same term.
- While completing a program of study, students from two-year institutions may cross-register for courses at four-year institutions and vice versa as long as the courses are required to obtain the associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate degree for which the student is currently enrolled at the home institution.
- Course(s) may be taken for credit only.
- Course(s) must apply to the degree program in which they are enrolled.
- Students can obtain information on courses offered at other institutions by visiting each institution’s website or by calling their Cross Registration coordinator (see the directory below). Course registration information includes: course offerings, contact information, registration times, and information on prerequisites and fees.
- The Cross Registration Form must be submitted with approvals by host institution’s add course deadline date.
- If proper procedures are not followed, the student will be ineligible for Cross Registration and will be responsible for all charges incurred at the host institution.
- The home and the host institutions reserve the right to require additional requirements and the right to override eligibility requirements.
At Home Institution
- The student initiates the Cross Registration process at the registration office of the home institution. The student completes the Cross Registration Form and any other forms required by the home institution.
- Students requiring accommodations from accessibility services must coordinate with the home Accessibility/Disabilities Office. The services are the responsibility of the home institution.
- The selected course(s) must be approved and signed by an academic advisor and their Cross Registration coordinator.
At Host Institution
- Students should contact the host institution to determine if space is available in the course(s).
- After approval has been granted at the home institution, the student takes the approved Cross Registration Form to the host institution and completes course registration according to the host institution’s policies and deadlines.
- The Cross Registration Form must be submitted and approved by the host institution by the Last Day to Add/Drop Date stated by the host institution, otherwise the student will be responsible for all charges.
- Any class adds must be completed for both the home and the host institution, following their respective procedures.
- Any class drops must be completed within the host institution’s deadlines and procedures.
- After completion of the course(s), a transcript or grade report is sent from the host institution to the home institution for inclusion on the student’s official transcript.
- Grades are transcribed according to the academic standards and grading practices of the host institution.
- Quarter hours are converted to semester hours, and vice versa, as appropriate to the home institution’s conversion formula.
Tuition and Fees
- Regular tuition and fees are payable to the home institution by that school’s deadline.
- Students are responsible to the host institution for any special or extra fees (lab fees, parking, etc.).
- GC3 institutions reserve the right to charge an administrative fee which is paid directly to the host institution.
Cross Registration Program Exclusions
Institutional articulation agreements and study abroad programs are excluded.
Procedures for Host Cross Registration Coordinator
At the end of the open registration period of each semester or quarter, the host institution will notify the home institution of students who are cross-registered and provide a copy of this report to SOCHE. Also, the completed Cross Registration form for each student should be faxed or emailed to SOCHE. If there is a change in the student’s status, the host institution will notify both the home institution and SOCHE. After completion of the course(s), a transcript or grade report should be sent from the host institution to the home institution for inclusion on the student’s official transcript.
Cross Registration Directory
251 North Main Street, Cedarville, OH 45314
- Before applying to Cedarville University, read these Cross Registration procedures.
Cedarville University Cross Registration Procedures.
Edison State Community College
1973 Edison Drive, Piqua, OH 45356
- Print and complete SOCHE registration form.
- Phone or stop in and have an Edison Community College Resource Specialist assist you in finding class requirements and availability.
- Complete the Edison registration form.
- Mail or FAX completed SOCHE registration form and Edison Registration form to the above address, attn: Rebecca Pepoit.
NOTE: Students must apply to Edison. Any student wanting to take online courses needs to fulfill online-readiness requirement. See Resource Specialist for information.
3737 Southern Blvd., Kettering, OH 45429
- Contact the Registrar's Office to check on course availability.
- Bring the Cross Registration Form, in person, to the Records Office for processing.
- All consortium students must register in person.
Miami University Regionals
1601 University Blvd., Hamilton, OH 45011
Miami University - Hamilton
100 Mosler Hall, 1601 University Blvd., Hamilton, OH 45011
Miami University Regionals - Middletown
1st Floor, Johnston Hall, 4200 E. University Blvd., Middletown, OH 45042
- Go to the course list for information on class availability. Be sure to choose the correct term/semester and location before searching.
- Bring completed Cross Registration Form to Records Office or One Stop on the campus where your course is located. A Customer Service Representative will sign the Cross-Registration Form and keep the University Copy.
- May cross-register in person or faxed/scanned documents.
Sinclair Community College
444 West Third Street, Dayton, OH 45402
- Read the SOCHE Cross Registration FAQ to ensure you meet requirements of the program.
- Check our on-line catalog for information on class availability.
- Bring completed Cross Registration Form Registration and Student Records, Second Floor of Building 10, or the Regional Campuses.
- Consortium students must register in person during late registration.
- Check class availability on the SCC web page.
- Get home academic advisor and Registrar signature on the SOCHE Cross Registration Form.
- Bring completed SOCHE Cross Registration Form to Registration and Student Records.
Sinclair Community College Home:
- Check class availability on the SCC web page. Only if the course is unavailable, get your academic advisor's and Registrar's signature on the SOCHE Cross Registration Form.
- Check the host insitution's Cross Registration first day to register.
- Take form to the host institution to register.
University of Dayton
Flyer Student Services, 1st Floor, St. Mary's Hall, 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469
- Check our on-line catalog for information on class availability at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring completed Cross Registration Form to Flyer Student Services, 1st Floor, St. Mary's Hall.
1870 Quaker Way, Wilmington, OH 45177
- Phone Wilmington College Student One Stop Center, for information on class availability.
- Bring completed Cross Registration Form to Records Office, First Floor, College Hall. Assistant Registrar signs completed Cross Registration Form.
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435
- Check class availability on WSU web page here.
- Check Consortium Registration date here.
- Get home academic advisor and Registrar signature on SOCHE Cross Registration form.
- Bring completed SOCHE Cross Registration form to Raider Connect.
- Check availability of the course at WSU. Only if the course is unavailable, get your academic advisor’s and the Raider Connect signature on the SOCHE Cross Registration form.
- Check Host institution’s Cross Registration first day to register.
- Take form in person to the Host institution to register.
Registration Dates (Scroll to the bottom and look for “Consortium Registration”)