The Cross Registration Program allows students who are degree-seeking or participating in certification programs access to academic opportunities not available at their own institutions. Students attending colleges and universities within SOCHE may register for courses that are applicable to their degree or certification program offered by other SOCHE institutions. All classes, including those offered through distance education, are generally open to Cross Registration with the appropriate approvals.
Provides students enrolled at any SOCHE member institution the opportunity to register and receive credit for courses offered by other participating SOCHE institutions, as well as members of the Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities (GC3).
A student enrolled in courses for credit in active pursuit of a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree.
The Greater Cincinnati Consortium of Colleges and Universities (GC3) is a regional consortium of 17 colleges and universities that promotes higher education in the Greater Cincinnati area.
The institution where the student is currently enrolled in a degree program for which academic credit is awarded.
The institution where the student would like to cross register for a course.
Coursework that is required prior to enrolling in a more advanced course(s).
Formed in 1967, the Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education is a regional consortium of 22 colleges and universities in southwest Ohio.
Cross Registration Procedures
Cross Registration is a program designed to allow degree and certification seeking students access to courses not available at their home institutions. Students enrolled at a college or university within SOCHE may register for courses that are available at other SOCHE institutions and members of GC3.
Generally, all classes, including those offered through distance education, are eligible—subject to space availability, completion of prerequisite courses, and permission of both the home and host institutions. However, the desired course(s) must not be offered at the home institution during the term the student wishes to enroll.
Contact the Cross Registration Contact at both the home and host institutions for more information and to learn about their specific registration guidelines.
- Degree-seeking students, who are in good academic standing (as determined by the home institution), may take courses through SOCHE’s Cross Registration program. Students are subject to enrollment and eligibility requirements as determined by the host institution.
- Students requiring accommodations from disability services must coordinate with home disabilities office to ensure services can be provided.
- Full-time faculty and staff members who are enrolled in a degree or certification program at a SOCHE institution may cross-register.
Number of Credits/Courses
- Credit hours taken at the host institution may not exceed credit hours taken at home institution.
- The combined course load for a student at both the home and host institutions may not exceed the full-time course load allowable at the home institution.
- Students may not register for a course that is available at the home institution during the same term.
- While completing an undergraduate degree or certificate program, students from two-year institutions may cross-register for courses at four-year institutions and vise versa.
- Students are limited to cross-registering for a maxim of two upper-level courses (300 level and above).
- Students enrolled in undergraduate institutions may cross-register for up to a maximum of two graduate level courses at other SOCHE-member institutions (subject to approval by the host institution).
- Courses may be taken for credit only.
- Course must apply to the degree program which they are enrolled in.
- Study aboard courses are not eligible.
- To use Cross Registration during a summer term, the student must either be registered for summer courses or pre-registered for the upcoming fall term at the home institution.
- If the student is not enrolled or registered at the home institution for the summer, the student may cross register for a maximum of two courses at the host institution.
- Students can obtain information on courses offered at other institutions by visiting each institution’s website or by calling their Cross Registration contact (see the directory below). Course registration information includes: course offerings, contact information, registration times, and information on prerequisites and fees.
- Cross Registration Form must be submitted with approvals by host institution’s add course deadline date.
- If proper procedures are not followed, the student will be ineligible for Cross Registration and will be responsible for all charges incurred at the host institution.
At Home Institution
- The student initiates the Cross Registration process in the Registrar’s Office of the home institution. The student completes the Cross Registration Form, and any other forms required by the home institution.
- Students requiring accommodations from disability services must coordinate with home disabilities office to ensure services can be provided. The services are the responsibility of the home school.
- The selected course(s) must be approved by an academic advisor and signed by a representative in the home institution’s Registrar’s Office.
At Host Institution
- Students should contact the host institution to determine if space is available in the course(s).
- After approval has been granted at the home institution, the student takes the approved Cross Registration Form to the host institution, and completes course registration according to the host institution’s policies and deadlines.
- Any class adds must be completed for both the home and the host institution, following their respective procedures.
- Any class drops must be completed within the host institution’s deadlines and procedures.
- Any class drops must complete the Cross Registration Form.
- After completion of the course(s), a transcript, grade report, or grade notification is sent from the host institution to the home institution for inclusion on the student’s official transcript.
- Grades are transcribed according to the academic standards and grading practices of the host institution.
- Quarter hours are converted to semester hours, and vice versa, as appropriate to the home institution’s conversion formula.
Tuition and Fees
- Regular tuition and fees are payable to the home institution by that school’s deadline.
- Students are responsible to the host institution for any special or extra fees (lab fees, parking, etc.).
Cross Registration Directory
Edison State Community College
1973 Edison Drive, Piqua, OH 45356
- Print and complete SOCHE registration form.
- Phone or stop in and have an Edison Community College Resource Specialist assist you in finding class requirements and availability.
- Complete the Edison registration form.
- Mail or FAX completed SOCHE registration form and Edison Registration form to the above address, attn: Rebecca Pepoit.
NOTE: Students must apply to Edison. Any student wanting to take online courses needs to fulfill online-readiness requirement. See Resource Specialist for information.
3737 Southern Blvd., Kettering, OH 45429
- Contact the Registrar's Office to check on course availability.
- Bring the Cross Registration Form, in person, to the Records Office for processing.
- All consortium students must register in person.
Miami University Regionals
1601 University Blvd., Hamilton, OH 45011
Miami University - Hamilton
108 Mosler Hall, 1601 University Blvd., Hamilton, OH 45011
Miami University Regionals - Middletown
1st Floor, Johnston Hall, 4200 E. University Blvd., Middletown, OH 45042
- Go to the course list for information on class availability. Be sure to choose the correct term/semester and location before searching.
- Bring completed Cross Registration Form to Records Office or One Stop on the campus where your course is located. A Customer Service Representative will sign the Cross-Registration Form and keep the University Copy.
- May cross-register in person or faxed/scanned documents.
Sinclair Community College
444 West Third Street, Dayton, OH 45402
- Read the SOCHE Cross Registration FAQ to ensure you meet requirements of the program.
- Check our on-line catalog for information on class availability.
- Bring completed Cross Registration Form Registration and Student Records, Second Floor of Building 10, or the Regional Campuses.
- Consortium students must register in person during late registration.
- Check class availability on the SCC web page.
- Get home academic advisor and Registrar signature on the SOCHE Cross Registration Form.
- Bring completed SOCHE Cross Registration Form to Registration and Student Records.
- Check class availability on the SCC web page. Only if the course is unavailable, get your academic advisor's and Registrar's signature on the SOCHE Cross Registration Form.
- Check the host insitution's Cross Registration first day to register.
- Take form to the host institution to register.
University of Dayton
Flyer Student Services, 1st Floor, St. Mary's Hall, 300 College Park, Dayton, OH 45469
- Check our on-line catalog for information on class availability.
- Bring completed Cross Registration Form to Flyer Student Services, 1st Floor, St. Mary's Hall.
1870 Quaker Way, Wilmington, OH 45177
- Phone Wilmington College Student One Stop Center, for information on class availability.
- Bring completed Cross Registration Form to Records Office, First Floor, College Hall. Assistant Registrar signs completed Cross Registration Form.
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435
- Check class availability on WSU web page here.
- Check Consortium Registration date here.
- Get home academic advisor and Registrar signature on SOCHE Cross Registration form.
- Bring completed SOCHE Cross Registration form to Raider Connect.
- Check availability of the course at WSU. Only if the course is unavailable, get your academic advisor’s and the Raider Connect signature on the SOCHE Cross Registration form.
- Check Host institution’s Cross Registration first day to register.
- Take form in person to the Host institution to register.
Registration Dates (Scroll to the bottom and look for “Consortium Registration”)