Council of Chief Academic Officers
The Council of Chief Academic Officers consists of representatives of the academic units of SOCHE member institutions and, therefore, should be recognized as the organizational unit with the primary responsibility for the initiation, review, and approval of SOCHE programs.
The major purposes of the SOCHE Council of Chief Academic Officers are:
- To foster communication and enhance networking among the SOCHE Chief Academic Officers and their constituent groups.
- To provide opportunities for professional growth and development among members and constituent groups.
- To provide a forum for discussing regional issues of concern to member institutions.
- To provide leadership for collaborative partnerships that will benefit the region.
- To serve as a communication link with other SOCHE Councils/Committees.
The Council of Chief Academic Officers assists in the development, review, and approval of existing and new programs and activities, including:
- Student Cross Registration
- Collaborative Grant Proposals
- Articulation Agreements
- Conferences, Seminars, and Workshops
The Council of Chief Academic Officers assists in communication with other standing committees, including:
- Student Affairs Officers
- Library Directors
- Faculty Development
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Diversity & Inclusive Excellence
- Retention and Completion
- Academic Advising
The SOCHE Council of Chief Academic Officers meets in a virtual environment approximately three times per year, with other meetings as requested. Contact Mindy Claggett by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for all upcoming meeting dates and to join this committee.