Formed in 1967, SOCHE is a regional consortium of 22 colleges and universities in southwest Ohio to promote educated, employed, and engaged citizens.
SOCHE is the regional leader for higher collaboration, engaging with colleges, universities, and industry to transform the economy through education and employment.
Grow educational and leadership opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
Build the region's workforce by enhancing employment prospects for students and graduates.
Model collaboration excellence to find innovative solutions to advance higher education.
Establish SOCHE as thebackbone organization of distinction in higher education.
SOCHE Membership: Something for Everyone
College and University Deans, Officers, and Directors
- Councils or committees for most program directors on campus to collaborate with peers at other institutions. Go to the Councils and Committees page
- Special task forces to tackle pressing issues, like COVID-19.
- ODHE advocate for significant concerns impacting institutions.
- Collaborative grant opportunities.
Faculty and Staff
- Hundreds of FREE webinars available for personal and classroom use through a partnership with Innovative Educators. Go to the Webinars page
- Opportunities for personal and professional development through workshops, lunch and learns, and flexible course delivery webinars on various topics. Go to the Events page
- Collaborative meetings to share best practices, resources, and professional development tools. Go to the Councils and Committees page
- Funding opportunities to support research. Go to the DAGSI page
- Hundreds of paid internship opportunities for most career fields and all education levels. Go to the SOCHEintern page
- Fellowship research opportunities for masters and doctoral level students. Go to the DAGSI page
- Federal Employment webpages to help with the process of applying for any federal position. Go to the Federal Employment page
- Cross Registration to allow eligible students to attend classes that are unavailable at their home institutions. Go to the Cross Registration page
- Volunteer opportunities and resources. Go to the Volunteer page
- Fast access to degree and certification program information. Go to the Degree Finder page
SOCHE by the Numbers
We’ve collected statistics for enrollment and achievements of all SOCHE members over the past six academic years. Scroll over the table below to highlight a specific stat and see how it has evolved.
|SOCHE MEMBERS COMBINED STATS||2018-19||2017-18||2016-17||2015-16||2014-15||2013-14||2012-13||2011-12||2010-11||2009-10||2008-09||2007-08|
|Students enrolled (FTE)||137,427||146,197||149,762||149,236||150,788||89,339||90,459||85,759||71,336||63,278||64,080||62,410|
|Out of state students*||4,511||3,670||4,047||4,948||5,137||1,755*||5,639||1,779||2,111||1,711||2,099||1,981|
|Undergraduate degrees awarded||19,810||22,672||22,693||20,375||21,712||10,718||10,976||9,908||6,271||6,791||6,760||6,418|
|Associate degrees awarded||6,291||6,239||6,346||5,872||5,313||4,567||5,102||3,437||3,649||3,273||3,307||3,055|
|Undergraduate STEMM degrees awarded||4,973||9,909||9,793||2,368||2,105||1,195||1,215||5,477||1,648||1,459||1,460||1,372|
|Undergraduate degrees awarded to Black and Hispanic students||2,159||3,184||3,063||2,266||2,380||1,806||3,342||1,377||918||890||890||914|
|Graduate and professional degrees awarded||8,864||10,996||10,913||9,604||9,169||5,184||5,182||5,764||3,413||2,874||2,918||2,958|
|Graduate and professional degrees awarded to Black and Hispanic students||903||1,266||1,201||1,067||1,054||889||996||994||314||373||272||307|
* First time undergraduates only. Only 19 institutions reported this statistic. 20 institutions reported for 16-17 and 17-18 years.
Economic Impact Study
This study employs data from SOCHE member institutions about enrollment, staffing, revenues, and expenditures, along with data from other research on non-local student and visitor spending, taxes, and employment by industry to assess the impacts on the regional economy.