SOCHE Leadership Development Program
Helping higher education professionals gather knowledge and skills to move forward on their career paths
Leadership development program
The Strategic Ohio Council for Higher Education (SOCHE) will host its first virtual-based Leadership Development Program during the 2022-2023 school year. As part of the organization’s 55th-anniversary celebration, this program will encompass seven webinars focused on helping early-to-mid-career higher education professionals garner knowledge and skills to move forward on their career paths.
The program is designed to help faculty and staff with their personal Leadership Development journey – understanding that journey and where they are – as well as identify goals and objectives for that journey. The webinars will relay skills around specific topics to help personnel excel in their daily roles. In addition, participants will learn about themselves as leaders and followers, which would help inform their future activities as leaders.
Most of the webinars will be presented by faculty, staff, and administrators from SOCHE member institutions, which allows them to share their expertise with a broader audience. Participants will need to take part in five of the seven webinars to earn their SOCHE Leadership Development Program certification.
For a single fee ($75 for personnel from SOCHE member schools, $125 for personnel from non-member schools), participants will be registered for all seven webinars in the series. Individuals who attend five (5) of the seven (7) webinars will earn a certificate of completion and will be invited to take part in a celebratory luncheon in May 2023. The registration fee covers the cost of all webinars and the luncheon.
NOTE: Registration for this program is now closed. Thank you for your interest!
Per the SOCHE Professional Development Cancellation Policy, registration fees for this program cannot be refunded due to participant withdrawal.
Contact Mindy Claggett (email@example.com) with questions.
2022-2023 SOCHE Leadership Development Program Schedule
- Thursday, October 13, from 12-1 p.m. ET via Zoom | Creating Learning Opportunities Using Podcasts (Jonathan Zemmer & Carolyn Stoermer – Air Force Institute of Technology)
- Tuesday, November 8, from 12-1 p.m. ET via Zoom | Developing Leadership Skills for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Higher Education (Dr. Rita Kumar & Dr. Brenda Refaei – University of Cincinnati)
- Wednesday, December 7, from 12-1 p.m. ET via Zoom | DEI and Building Psychological Safety Foundations (Dr. Anna Bucy – Air Force Institute of Technology)
- Tuesday, January 24, from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. ET via Zoom | Breaking Down Silos: Cross-Training for Personal Advancement in Higher Education (Dr. Jo Alice Blondin – Clark State College)
- Friday, Feb. 17, from 10-11:30 a.m. ET via Zoom | Building an Environment of Trust (Dr. Rhonda Reagh, Executive Coach)
- Wednesday, March 22, from 12-1 p.m. ET via Zoom | The Impact of Restorative Justice on Higher Education (Jessica Hoelting & Jordyn Baker – University of Dayton)
- Tuesday, April 18, from 12-1 p.m. ET via Zoom | Creating an Effective Program Engagement Strategy (Lena Fields-Arnold – Owner/Operator of Emperor Publishing LLC)
- Friday, May 19, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET (Location TBD) | Celebration luncheon for all who complete the program