Frequently Hired College Internships
An Accounting Intern, or Finance Intern, is responsible for practicing their accounting knowledge and skills in a professional setting. Their duties include supporting accounting teams with various accounting projects and tasks as they gain more confidence within their desired industry.
An Accounting Intern is a temporary, entry-level position with a certified financial firm. Here are the duties and responsibilities that could be expected of an Accounting Intern:
- Monitor any discrepancies in payment, monitor for charges made on credit cards and record any returns.
- Organize a financial filing system that is easily accessible.
- Prepare accounting reports to be presented to senior management.
- Track all payments made for tax preparation and follow up on returns.
- Speak to clients about payments, refunds and statements.
- Ensure that all clients receive their financial statements on time.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements, making sure that the final figures on statements are correct.
- Assist with the balancing of the office/department budget.
An Electric AutoCAD Intern produces CAD/Rhino files for the purpose of communicating, both internally and externally, the design intent and scope of the project or related tasks.Perform any CAD/Rhino required tasks necessary to complete the project or task, as directed by the Design Manager. An intern in this position may perform the following tasks:
- CAD Drawings – Updating standard detail conditions using RHINO software.
- Assist other Designers in project related tasks as assigned by Design Manager.
- Upholds and contributes to improving drawing best practice processes and standards.
- All issues with any of the project tasks or project demand constraints are communicated immediately to the Design Manager.
- Ensures all tasks are completed accurately and within the time frame of the project schedule and task due dates.
- Upholds integrity of all MDSI systems and specifications.
- Ensures integrity of Company Database.
- Assists with any other tasks as required by the Design Manager.
Assist in the development and implementation of clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes for engineering or manufacturing purposes, according to specified dimensions using computer and specially designed software.
Primary Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform basic product design modifications.
- Develop basic detail and assembly drawings for products and equipment.
- Perform engineering change processes as necessary to support existing products.
- Create 3-D models from 2-D drawings.
- Generate and scan prints.
- Ability to perform mechanical design calculations.
- Test prototypes and standard products and write reports to document the results.
- Categorize a wide arrangement of existing parts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Civil engineers are responsible for the design and construction of our built environment. They plan, design, and oversee projects ranging from small residential developments to large-scale industrial complexes.
Civil engineers work with a wide range of materials and technologies—from concrete and steel to software and electronics—to create safe, functional, and aesthetically pleasing structures.
Civil engineer interns have a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Reviewing building codes, zoning ordinances, and other regulations that might apply to a specific project
- Collecting data on physical factors such as terrain, weather patterns, and seismic activity that could impact construction projects
- Preparing sketches and drawings of proposed construction projects, including layouts of streets or buildings
- Coordinating with architects and other designers to ensure that plans meet the needs of the client while meeting government regulations
- Conducting studies to determine how best to use available resources, such as land or water, to meet community needs
- Preparing estimates for construction projects, including determining costs and designing building plans based on those costs
- Preparing reports about construction progress and providing recommendations for changes to improve efficiency or quality of work
- Reviewing blueprints and other design documents to ensure that they meet code requirements
- Researching new construction materials and methods in order to recommend improvements to existing designs
Aerospace engineering deals with the design, development and production of aircraft and spacecraft. With the continuously increasing demand for aircrafts and the advancement of space exploration, aerospace engineers are definitely one of the demanded and highest paid engineers. Possible duties and responsibilities for an engineering intern in this field might look like this:
- Analyze existing design of flight vehicles to determine effectiveness and possible improvement.
- Design navigation and control system for aircraft and spacecraft.
- Do analysis for materials and components necessary for the production of flight vehicles.
- Provide engineering support for troubleshooting.
Marketing Interns are responsible for helping the Marketing Manager complete tasks such as preparing marketing proposals, surveying customers and researching consumer trends. Marketing Intern duties and responsibilities may include:
- Developing tools and methods for collecting data such as surveys, opinion polls or questionnaires
- Collecting and analyzing data to identify consumer trends
- Researching consumer opinions and marketing strategies and proposing adjustments to current strategies accordingly
- Creating graphic representations of data and translating complex research into easily readable content for stakeholders and other departments
- Preparing marketing proposals and presentations based on company needs
- Measuring consumer satisfaction with products or services
- Monitoring and managing the company’s social media platforms, adjusting outreach tactics as needed
Computer science interns work in a variety of industries and companies. They may be involved in projects related to software development, web design, artificial intelligence, robotics, etc. Their duties may include writing code, testing software applications, analyzing data, or assisting with other technical tasks.
Computer science internships provide valuable experience for students who are considering a career in computer programming or software development. However, they can also be used as a way to gain exposure to new technologies or skills that might be useful in other areas such as business, marketing, or finance.
A computer science intern typically has a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Performing research on an organization’s current technology needs in order to develop recommendations for new products or services.
- Working with software developers in a team environment to test new software releases.
- Participating in meetings with clients to discuss project goals and objectives, and to provide status updates on projects in progress.
- Developing and designing computer programs according to specifications provided by clients or supervisors.
- Analyzing data to identify trends and offer solutions to problems.
- Designing new software applications or improving existing ones based on client needs.
- Creating prototypes of new software applications using programming languages such as C++ or Java.
- Helping manage computer networks, including troubleshooting problems with hardware or software configurations.
- Participating in meetings with other IT staff to discuss system updates and changes to existing systems.
The HR intern’s responsibilities include updating employee absence records, filing HR documents accordingly, initiating background checks on shortlisted candidates, and providing suitable recommendations to improve HR policies. You should also be able to draft employee communications notifying staff of policy and procedural changes.
To be successful as an HR intern, you should keep abreast of the latest developments in labor legislation to determine how company HR policies may be affected. Ultimately, an outstanding HR intern should be detail-oriented and able to demonstrate excellent administrative and organizational skills.
HR interns have a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Updating company databases by inputting new employee contact information and employment details.
- Screening potential employees’ resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill company job vacancies.
- Organizing interviews with shortlisted candidates.
- Posting job advertisements to job boards and social media platforms.
- Removing job advertisements from job boards and social media platforms once vacancies have been filled.
- Assisting the HR staff in gathering market salary information.
- Assisting in the planning of company events.
- Preparing and sending offer and rejection letters or emails to candidates.
- Coordinating new hire orientations.
- Responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, employee benefits, and other HR-related matters.