Grow educational and leadership opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Strategically grow conferences, workshops, training, and meetings to address higher education trends.
- Partner with organizations to expand civic learning and professional development.
- Create an environment for collegiate networking and sharing best practices in teaching and learning.
Build the Ohio workforce by enhancing employment prospects for students and graduates.
- Lead in the advocacy for and management of internships to build and retain the region’s workforce pipeline.
- Elevate and expand the SOCHEintern program through the introduction of additional services and increased outreach to host businesses.
Model collaboration excellence to find innovative solutions to advance higher education.
- Foster collaborative multi-stakeholder partnerships to address challenges.
- Capture and communicate the value and impact of higher education, collaboration, and collective impact.
- Model community service on non-profit advisory committees, boards, and initiatives.
- Facilitate discussions to sustain SOCHE members through shared services.
Establish SOCHE as the backbone organization of distinction in higher education.
- Expand and diversify revenue streams (to include grants) to ensure long-term financial sustainability of SOCHE.
- Tell the SOCHE story through a strategic marketing and communication plan.
- Enhance internal systems, program assessment, and overall performance.
- Support and sustain a competent, professional staff that embraces the organizational vision, mission, goals, and workplace values.
Promote an educated, employed, and engaged citizenry.
SOCHE is a for higher collaboration, engaging with colleges, universities, and industry to transform the economy through education and employment.