The SOCHE Board of Trustees adopted a new strategic plan on June 14, 2017. The plan was developed as part of SOCHE's 50th anniversary celebration.
Create educational and leadership opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Envision and manage SOCHE conferences, workshops, and trainings for higher education.
- Form external partnerships that expand portfolio of professional development programs for members.
- Create an environment for collegiate networking and sharing best practices in teaching and learning.
Enhance employment prospects for students and graduates.
- Lead in the advocacy for and management of internships to build and retain the region’s workforce pipeline with a specialty in aerospace.
- Elevate and expand SOCHEIntern program through the introduction of additional services and increased outreach to host businesses.
- Measure and promote the impact of higher education on the regional workforce and economy.
Advance civic learning and engagement for administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Create learning opportunities that build civic knowledge and skills.
- Showcase community impact of higher education, as well as model community service on non-profit advisory committees, boards, and initiatives.
- Partner with organizations on initiatives that advance civic leadership and community engagement.
Be a model of excellence in collaboration that finds innovative solutions to higher education challenges in the region.
- Foster collaborative multi-stakeholder pa1inerships to address regional challenges.
- Capture and communicate the value of higher education, collaboration, and collective impact.
- Collaborate on the development of learning labs for students that provide practical experience and nurtures professionalism.
Maintain mission assurance, organizational innovation, and higher education longevity.
- Expand and diversify revenue streams to ensure long-term financial sustainability of SOCHE.
- Enhance internal systems, program assessment, and overall performance continuously.
- Support and sustain a competent, professional staff that embraces the organizational vision, mission, goals, and workplace values.
- Facilitate discussions to support and sustain SOCHE members through shared services, adjuncts, and joint purchases.