Grow educational and leadership opportunities for faculty, staff, and students.
- Strategically grow conferences, workshops, ttraining, and meetings to address higher education trends.
- Partner with organizations to expand civic learning and professional development.
- Create an environment for collegiate networking and sharing best practices in teaching and learning.
Build the region’s workforce by enhancing employment prospects for students and graduates.
- Lead in the advocacy for and management of internships to build and retain the region’s workforce pipeline.
- Elevate and expand the SOCHEIntern program through the introduction of additional services and increased outreach to host businesses.
Model collaboration excellence to find innovative solutions to advance higher education.
- Foster collaborative multi-stakeholder partnerships to address regional challenges.
- Capture and communicate the value and impact of higher education, collaboration, and collective impact.
- Model community service on non-profit advisory committees, boards, and initiatives.
- Facilitate discussions to sustain SOCHE members through shared services.
Establish SOCHE as thebackbone organization of distinction in higher education.
- Expand and diversify revenue streams (to include grants) to ensure long-term financial sustainability of SOCHE.
- Tell the SOCHE story through a strategic marketing and communication plan.
- Enhance internal systems, program assessment, and overall performance.
- Support and sustain a competent, professional staff that embraces the organizational vision, mission, goals, and workplace values.
Promote an educated, employed, and engaged citizenry.
SOCHE is the regional leader for higher collaboration, engaging with colleges, universities, and industry to transform the economy through education and employment.