Academic Libraries and Student Success:
How do we contribute?
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Business Solutions Center
About the SOCHE Library Conference
Academic Libraries and Student Success: How do we contribute?
Academic libraries are being called upon now more than ever to find meaningful ways to contribute to student success. What constitutes student success at your institution? How do academic libraries in the 21st century contribute to overall student success? We will explore steps and strategies academic libraries are currently taking and planning to take to contribute to student success at their respective host institutions.
|May 1||SOCHE Library Conference|
|8:30 AM – 9:00 AM||REGISTRATION|
|9:00 AM – 10:05 AM||KEYNOTE SPEAKER – Katy Mathuews, Head of Collections Assessment & Access at Ohio University|
|10:00 AM – 10:15 AM||BREAK|
|10:15 AM – 11:30 AM||ACTION PLANNING SESSIONS
Action Planning Topics
- Library partnerships with faculty.
- Library partnerships with student support units.
- Librarian and Liaison outreach to students on campus.
- Library outreach to K12 students and the local community.
- Reorganizing space for library initiatives and colocating complementary student support units.
- Assessing our contributions to student success.
Wednesday, May 1, 2019, from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Registration begins at 8:30 AM
SOCHE connects people, but are you connected to SOCHE?