About the Food Team
To support access to sustainably produced local food and promote community education and involvement.
- Provide networking and collaboration opportunities for individuals and organizations working at food production, food sales, food preparation, hunger issues, and food policy agendas, or any other food issues related to sustainability of the environment.
- Facilitate discussions and initiate conversations across the range of consumers and producers regarding sustainable farming, gardening, and the sustainable acquisition of food products.
- Initiate growing and distribution strategies that meet the full spectrum of consumer and grower needs.
- Support area food projects currently in place, such as the Montgomery County Food Summit.
- Demonstrate innovative growing and distribution models for all stakeholders including consumers, growers, and institutions.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
Meetings are quarterly, as planned by co-chairs one month in advance. Check back soon for the list of events and meetings!