Diversity and Inclusive Excellence Committee
The Diversity Initiatives Committee was created in 2001 with a name change in 2014.
- enables the creation and maintenance of professional networks between SOCHE member campuses that will develop a consortium-wide approach to the needs of creating educational equity
- provides professional support and renewal for those who wish to enhance their skills through involvement in an inter-institutional and interdisciplinary community of peers
- encourages dialogue about how various aspects of diversity impact the campus life experience, and identify trends and issues that campus climate and town/gown relations and, prepare students, administrators, faculty, and staff to meet them
- enables productive exchanges of information about learning and teaching in both curricular and co-curricular contexts
- identifies, disseminates, and fosters effective approaches to teaching, learning, and faculty development
- develop consortial and public recognition programs for outstanding diversity programs on the member institution campuses.
To provide a structure across post-secondary education in southwest Ohio to support the development of the skills and knowledge necessary to meet the needs of a multicultural society on the part of faculty, staff, students, and institutions of higher education.
Inter-culturally competent institutions of higher education in southwest Ohio that educate students from every sector of our broadly diverse community to be successfully employed and engaged global citizens.