Council of Chief Academic Officers
The Council of Chief Academic Officers consists of representatives of the academic units of SOCHE member institutions and, therefore, should be recognized as the organizational unit with the primary responsibility for the initiation, review, and approval of SOCHE programs.
The major purposes of the SOCHE Council of Chief Academic Officers are:
- To foster communication and enhance networking among the SOCHE Chief Academic Officers and their constituent groups.
- To provide opportunities for professional growth and development among members and constituent groups.
- To provide a forum for discussing regional issues of concern to member institutions.
- To provide leadership for collaborative partnerships which will benefit the region.
- To serve as a communication link with other SOCHE Councils/Committees.
The Council of Chief Academic Officers assists in the development, review, and approval of existing and new programs and activities, including:
- Student Cross Registration
- Collaborative Grant Proposals
- Articulation Agreements
- Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
The Council of Chief Academic Officers assists in communication with other standing committees, including:
- Student Affairs Officers
- Library Directors
- Faculty Development Team
- Public Relations Officers
- Diversity Initiatives Team
- Articulation Officers
- Civic Learning and Engagment Team
- Retention and Completion Team
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College